sábado, 10 de enero de 2009

Blurst Into Tears

I must confess I dropped a tear when I heard my beloved band Blur was reuniting and planning a gig in London, of course, pennyless writer down here also felt frustrated not being able to assist...Then reading on NME they will be at Glastonbury this year made me scream in amusement, but again, lead by frustration, being 7.000 miles across the ocean.

So it made me think, being so many bands on revival tours all around the globe, why not, Damon? Why not, Graham? Why not, Alex? Why not, David? WHY NOT, GUYS? Do come down here please, do play for your non-brit fans. The world loves you, is not that you are going to find yourself playing for an empty stadium whatsoever.
Deep Purple plays around here at least once a year, lots of bands come to feel they are still something for their fans and to fill their pockets one more time despite how old and out of drugs and sick they are, so why not Blur?

And just to add a bit of self-humilliation, last week, I saw a Blur gig on the telly and cried. Now suck that.

1 comentario: